Thursday, July 12, 2012

Birthday scrapping

Last week, for my birthday, I got some free time to scrapbook. I'm trying to work on Nathaniel's baby pictures since 1) I haven't done many 2) he'll be six next month and 3) I forget what he looked like as a baby :(

I got 2 layouts completed and 1 more almost done - just waiting for journaling.

The double page layout was done using a kit from Miss Elizabeth (dollar store) that my sister gave me several years ago - when N was a year old or less. The vellum quotes I used on them are older than that - I got them when I did Joshua's baby album (when he was 3) 7 years ago.



The one page layout used a piece of Basic Gray paper that someone gave me - and the vellum quote was also in a box of stuff that the same nice person sent me. All the cardstock on both is Bazzill. On the one pager I also used my cool tab punch that I don't use nearly as often as I should because I love it!
Almost forgot about this one...I did this the week before. I just had to scrapbook one day...I needed my therapy :) I've had this picture printed out since December or January and just haven't gotten around to doing my annual "kids in front of the tree" page. So I trimmed it up, but left enough white for a border to look like I matted it :), found some paper I liked to go with it (a DCWV or PC Christmas stack - circa 2006 or 2007), some twine (from Storytellers - circa 2005) and gold alphabet stickers that I bought at Staples (probably 2004, maybe 2005).  Took me hardly any time at all, but felt great to get it done.  And I'm liking using up old stuff that's been kicking around for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment