Monday, August 22, 2011

Cricut time...

I had some time on Saturday to pull out my Cricut and finish up some layouts and make a card I needed to make. 
I made this layout last summer, I believe.  I'd left a space between "our" and "mermaid" for a mermaid sticker I knew I had somewhere...and then couldn't find.  And then I found it - already in use on another layout!
A few months ago, I found the Once Upon a Princess cartridge on clearance...
and it has a mermaid!!
So I made this cute little mermaid and then added the word "little" to the title.
I believe "our" and "mermaid" were done with the Cherry Limeade  cartridge (one of my favorite fonts!)
"little" was done with Lyrical Letters.
I don't like the faces that you can cut out on the paper dolls on the OUAP cart, so I drew my own.

Here's a close-up I tried to take of the mermaid...it's a little blurry, but not too bad.
As I was cleaning Friday, I found this clipping from the paper in May - Joshua had gotten his picture taken after the American Legion ceremony in the cemetary on Memorial Day. I also came across this Creative Memories kit - perfect fit!  There was even a little sticker tag that worked for a journaling block.  I thought it looked fine...Brian thought it needed a title like "In Remembrance" or something.  I decided that I liked just plain "Remember" and this is what I did...I used the Alphalicious cartridge for the title.

I did this layout for a contest at Storytellers.  We needed to use mostly Storytellers stuff...the patterned paper, journaling box, hearts and bazzill cardstock are all from their kits.  We also needed to use something new...which for me was the Once Upon a Princess cartridge - for the flower and some of the title (the rest was Lyrical Letters)

This card card was made using the Old West cartridge. I've been wanting to play with this cartridge for ages.  And I've needed to make this card for a few weeks. One of my favorite authors sent us a lovely package after Brian's surgery and I wanted to send her a card thanking her (besides the email I already sent her).
The bandana paper is something I've had for years from Creative Memories...I think it was my last piece :(

No comments:

Post a Comment