Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Another hat and a couple of layouts



 
I made this hat to go with a sweater my grandma knit for Grace for her birthday. I loved the colors...and I have fabric to make a dress for her that has flecks of of orange in it and will be nice and fallish with this hat and the sweater.
I knew what kind of hat I wanted to go with the sweater, but I had to find a pattern...preferably a free one. I finally found this one on Pinterest. The bow didn't work with what I had in mind, I wanted a pom pom on top (I think I'm going to go back and make a little bigger one though). I ended up making two...i thought this one was just too big for Grace, but the smaller one I made was too small. I looked at the original picture again and saw that it is really designed to pull down over the ears...tried it again and it's a little big, but it works :)
This was a really fun pattern - I love when I learn new stitches or something (I learned how to do two hdc together to decrease and a popcorn stitch...fun!)
The yarn is actually from my great grandmother's stash that my grandma has...old Dazzleaire - soft and fuzzy and fun!
 

These two layouts are for Nathaniel's baby book. I did them in July, but just finally had a chance to get out my Cricut and alphabet stickers and finish them up with titles.
The BROTHER'S KEEPER layout used bazzil CS, costco CS, the Zoo Day Cricut Cart. alphabet, CM journaling block & pen...and i can't remember the plaid paper -I've had it for ages.
DADDY'S BOY is done on some embossed brown CS (can't remember that either), some blue CM CS, the star punch is CM as are the little blue alphabet stickers (which I outlined in brown). The brown alpha stickers are Storyteller's Club.
The fiber is some I've had for awhile too...hopefully in the next week or so I'll get the other LOs I did in July finished up.

No comments:

Post a Comment