Friday, February 15, 2013

Some pages for Nathaniel's Baby Album

I know, he'll be SEVEN in 6 months, but I still have hardly any of his baby pages done. I had most of Joshua's first year done by the time he was 3 1/2 and I didn't start scrapbooking until he was 18 months old...Nathaniel, I've been scrapping his whole life. But a month after he turned 3, Grace was born. So yes, he's the shafted middle child. But, it's not all bad, I've got a lot more cooler stuff to work with to do his pages that I didn't have when I did Joshua's (Cricut, Cuttlebug, etc.) so I'm having fun doing his pages. The majority of these pages I did at the end of July at a crop in Davis that I got to go to when we were down on vacation - all they needed was titles and journaling and just one little thing to dress them up (brads or a Cricut creature or something).


This is some old paper - can't remember where it came from, but I bought it when I did Joshua's baby pages. The brads I've had for ever also - pre-N. This is two-sided paper.
I trimmed, with my trusty (not rusty) Exacto knife, around the sailboat and star on the picture in the upper right. That made for careful placement of the picture on the other side of the paper...I also strategically place these pictures on this side so certain words & phrases were visible. Glad I don't do that a lot because it is stressful :)

This is the other side of the top page...again I cut around one part just a little bit. I used my Cricut and new Create a Critter 2 cartridge on this (we called Nathaniel froggy because of the way he would pull his legs up to his chest). I also used my Cuttlebug to dress up the journaling box a little...if I'm remembering correctly, the border I used is from a set entitled, NATHANIEL'S PENWORK - appropriate, I thought.

I LOVE this paper - don't remember who it is made by, but I got it at either Michaels or Jo-Anns :) It is "younger" than Nathaniel ;). The star brads are from Jo-Anns and the journaling block is from CM. The CS is Bazzill.

This paper is from some that Brian gave me for Christmas several years ago. Used my Cuttlebug again on this journaling block - Deco Art maybe (?). And my Create a Critter 2 cartridge for the little lamb.  Great Grandma Darlene knits and crochets a lot so I thought a lamb would be fun on this page.

Nathaniel is a little older in these next 2 layouts...they were a trip we made to Arizona and So. Cal. when he was 10 months old.
The paper is from the same lot Brian gave me for Christmas several eyars ago. The CS is from Costco, button from Walmart and a cute monkey from the CaC2 cartridge. We always call Nathaniel our monkey boy because he loves monkey and he sometimes acts like one :)

This in in San Diego...his first time at the beach. This is fun paper - DCWV maybe. I cut around one of the jelly fish so that it overlapped a picture, used my Cricut for the title (Zoo Day cartridge) and then ran the letters through my Cuttlebug (Tiny Bubbles folder) and then inked them in light blue. The journaling block is CM, the CS is Costco and Bazzill.

No comments:

Post a Comment