Wednesday, May 4, 2011

May Scrappin' Days begins!!

The Storytellers Club website has hosted a month long crop for - I don't know how long.  I think the first was in 2005 probably.  I've tried to participate every year and some years do better than others.  I always enjoy it and get quite a few pages done.  This year there's some tech issues and the gallery isn't up, so we're uploading our layouts to photobucket and then imbedding them in our posts on each contest/challenge.  I'm also putting mine up here - and whatever else I get done.  The May 1st challenge (that is due today) was called "What Not to Wear" and you were to use, polka dot print paper, striped print paper and two other prints.  That is hard for me to do, since I don't usually mix patterns too much.  I made it work on this layout of Grace - using a polka dot cardstock for the base, a print for the mat and then 2 additional prints for flowers.  I wanted to use some cute white rub-on letters for the title (Miss Grace), but cannot for the life of me find them.  But it works with out a title and if I ever find those letters, I can always go back and add it.


Also, here is the banner I made for Joshua for his birthday - using my Cricut.  The letters & horses are from the Old West cartridge.  The banner shape is from the Lyrical Letters cartridge.  He totally loved it.  Nathaniel wants one. Joshua says his name is too long for me to make a banner.  Nathaniel was heartbroken.  I told him it wasn't too long, I would be able to make one.

No comments:

Post a Comment