Friday, May 27, 2011

MSD 24-26

This is the May 26th challenge - Amazing Race.  You had to complete your layout in an hour or less...all you could begin with was your cutters and adhesive.  I reached in to the photo box for Joshua and pulled out these pictures...I used yellow paper because it would complement the basketballs in the border sticker - plus it's J's favorite color.  The sticker border is byFrances Meyer, the arrow and journaling box are all by Storytellers (these were the three required elements besides the time limit). The cardstock and vellum quote are by DCWV.

The May 25th Challenge was Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and we were supposed to use at least one "retro" item.  This Basic Grey paper I found as I was looking for paper for the May 24 challenge screams retro to me...and it was perfect for these pictures of Joshua in last year's Halloween costume.
The font is retroish too - Arnprior and the molecule things in the title were clip art in MS Word - also looked pretty retro to me. I downloaded the images of Lewis from the internet because there are a lot of similarities between Joshua & Lewis - and not just their looks!

The May 24th Challenge was Sasy Yes to the Dress and you were to use pearls, lace/ruffle, and stitching (hand, machine, fake).  I was still on a heritage kick and did this picture of Brian's great-grandmother, Olive.  I used little stick on pearls that I got in the dollar bin that last time I was at JoAnns, the lace is stuff I've had forever, and I hand stitched it to the page. The paper is Basic Grey &cardstock is Bazzill.  The silk flower is from a friend. Love how this turned out!

No comments:

Post a Comment